Whip up these meat and veggie dishes in your backyard oasis tonight!
Spring is in the air and soon everyone will be heading out to their outdoor living spaces to fire up the grill. We've been taste testing and we've found two great recipes for you to try this spring.
Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
- 1/3 Cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ Cup honey
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp steak sauce (though Worcestershire Sauce will give your chicken more of a kick)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and steak sauce. Set aside 2-3 tablespoons for basting, and dip the chicken into the remaining sauce until its coated
- Lightly oil your grill grate and grill the chicken over indirect heat for 18 to 20 minutes. Turn the chicken occasionally or until the juices run clear. During the final 10 minutes, baste the chicken from time to time with the reserved honey mustard sauce.
Recipe Credit: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Honey-Mustard-Grilled-Chicken/?prop24=hn_slide1_We-Love-It-When-This-Happens&evt19=1
Warm Balsamic Kale Salad
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ Cup diced onion
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 8oz sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 4 Cups kale
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter into a large skillet. Add onion and peppers and saute until softened (several minutes). Add mushrooms and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Continue to saute until ingredients are browned.
- Add in the kale, garlic and balsamic vinegar, and saute until kale is a deeper green but not silted. Remove from heat. Top the salad with Asiago or Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy immediately!
Additional Tip: Chefs can even serve this salad in their backyard oasis as a meal if they choose to top it with grilled chicken, salmon, or legumes.
Recipe credit: http://pinchofyum.com/warm-balsamic-kale-salad